This document is the official constitution of the Dalhousie Women in Technology Society (WiTS). This document renders
all previous Constitutions for the Society null and void.
The society will be known as the “Dalhousie Women in Technology Society”, abbreviated as WiTS and hereinafter
referred to as the “Society".
The purpose of the Society is to:
- Promote equality of gender and race within STEM organizations inside and outside of the university.
- Support, promote, and celebrate women pursuing or considering a degree within Dalhousie’s technology programs.
- Participate in recruitment events for Dalhousie University and the CS faculty.
- To introduce technology related programs to interested women, and the Halifax community.
- Host and volunteer at social and educational events to help establish a community of technology enthusiasts
at Dalhousie University and in the larger Halifax community.
4. REPRESENTATION AND ORGANIZATION OF THE SOCIETY
5. DUTIES OF THE COUNCIL
6. DUTIES OF COUNCIL MEMBERS
10. RESIGNATIONS AND VACANCIES
11. CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS